The Program Director, Ashley Webb, has a Leadership Team which helps her make the CGTI events incredible for all participants. To apply for Leadership Team, you must have previously been on staff for a minimum of two years. Volunteer positions include:
- Conference Advisors: Conference Advisors work directly with IABH staff in the time leading up to CGTI to help with the planning, oversight and management of the conference. Responsibilities vary depending on the needs of the IABH staff and CGTI.
- Care Team: The Care Team is comprised of individuals that dedicate themselves to dealing with any behavioral or emotional concerns a participant and/or staff may have while at CGTI. They are available at any time during the conference.
- Headquarters Staff: Headquarters operates as the central hub during CGTI. Staff are responsible for daily operations of the Institute, maintaining paperwork, assisting with registration, and organizing/distributing materials for group activities.
- Activity Coordinators: Activity Coordinators are responsible for leading activities and energizers for participants and staff. They assign free time duties, introduce speakers/presenters, and are the main source of setting the tone and fun atmosphere during the week at CGTI.
- Youth Staff Advisor: The Youth Staff Advisor provides advanced training to the Youth Staff on group dynamics/facilitation, leadership, lesson planning, process planning, public speaking, as well as provide experiential learning opportunities. The Advisor also assesses each Youth Staff’s strengths and weaknesses and provides useful feedback.
- PALS Advisors: PALS Advisors will provide training for youth accepted into the PALS program. Using the provided PALS curriculum, they will train the PALS on facilitation skills, group dynamics, problem solving, public speaking and provide experiential learning opportunities to enhance each participant’s leadership skills.
- Media Coordinator: The Media Coordinators oversee the execution of marketing and advertising campaigns for various broadcast, digital, and media outlets. They will work in conjunction with the Program Manager and their duties often include designing and implementing social media and Internet-based promotional campaigns, develop promotional materials, and capturing photographs, and videos throughout the CGTI events.
- CAT (Community Action Team) Advisor: The CAT Advisor will work with the community action teams as they work to create, expand, and develop an action plan to take back to their school and/or community. The CAT advisor will train the volunteer staff and work as the liason between IABH and the adult mentors throughout the week of CGTI.
Additional Volunteer Staff
- Co-facilitators: Co-facilitators members are those who have completed the PALS and Youth Staff program. Co-facilitators work together in groups of two or three to facilitate discussion groups. They are there to guide the participants and to ensure a positive and safe environment for them to express their thoughts and feelings of the day’s events and to provide fun and interactive activities. Co-facilitators will need to fill out the staff application.